Water damage restoration in warehouse. Save your products
Flooding a warehouse or other room is a problem in which you need to act quickly. Flooding not only does not allow you to enter the room and use it. It overflows all the objects, tools, materials, etc. that are on the floor and make them unfit. Plaster, plasterboard and other linings are also damaged by the action of water, which means they need to be changed. And this is about time, money, and effort.
If your garage is flooded, the parts and tools you store in it will be damaged. And if it is a warehouse, the damage to the goods and the materials in it will suffer and your business – you will suffer damages. Flooding can also affect a neighboring room and cause damage to your neighbors. Therefore, it is important to act quickly – call the drain specialist.
First, the reason for the flood has to be determined. Experts who come with water pumping equipment begin by locating the problem. Once it is established where it is, all leakage is stopped. And then it’s time to start pumping and draining the room.
Special drainage equipment enables rapid pumping of water. Drain experts use powerful high pressure pumps. They quickly remove water and damage to your basement, warehouse or other premises will be minimal. The trunks are long enough to reach all parts even in a large room.
The water pumps that are used have different flow rates. As well as the hoses, they are selected according to the room. The pumps must be powerful enough to cope with the flooding rate. If the flooding is very serious, a very powerful pump is used.
After pumping the water, the drying process must begin. It is important that after the rapid removal of the water, drying is also started quickly. Thus objects and materials will suffer minor damage.
Do not allow flooding of the basement and other low-lying areas during rain and snow-melting! It is important to ensure drainage of water in heavy rain, so as not to flood your warehouse and ground.
Here are some of the problems that may arise if you are not coping with the leakage in the warehouse.
1. If you have a small leak in the warehouse that has paved the way to the floor or the concrete foundation beneath it, this may not seem to be a big problem. But these patches can be very expensive to clean. Also, mold and mildew can develop over time. As we know, these things are extremely harmful to health, especially in prolonged exposure. They also spread to the air and can cause respiratory problems over time. Take care of the leak, so you do not have to deal with more complex problems in time.
2. Floods or localized leaks leave stains on the walls as well as make the plaster soft and brittle. The positive thing is that you can easily locate the leak. The negative is that you have to deal with the effects of the leakage, which in some cases may include removing the wet plaster and re-plastering the wall or, if there is isolation, changing part of it. If you take steps in time, you will not have to make expensive repairs in the future.
3. As mentioned earlier, if the leakage water remains in the walls or in the flooring, mold will soon begin to form. Bread causes cold-like symptoms or even lethal diseases. The best way to protect the mold is to dry everything right after it’s wet. If something has not dried within 24 hours, there will already be mold.
4. If you have a crack through which water has penetrated, be sure to repeat it. Over time, these cracks will become bigger as the passing water causes erosion, which means that the water will become even more. This produces an enchanted circle, resulting in a flooded basement in time.
5. If you delay the repair of the basement for too long, the base of the building may be weakened due to permanent erosion. This could lead to the collapse of your entire house. This, of course, is extreme scenarios, but the cracked foundations are a very serious problem. Types of cracks that most often cause serious problems are horizontal, running from one end of the wall to the other. If you notice such a crack, immediately contact a construction engineer.
Step-by-step Plan What to Do If Your Warehouse is Flooded
1. Call the specialists of the cleaning company and provide them with all information about the incident in order to determine the most optimal technology for eliminating the problem.
2. Quickly remove water – with the help of modern equipment and special equipment professionals will quickly solve this problem and prevent the risk of mold and fungus. Depending on the amount of water contained in the room, submersible pumps can be used, and with the help of other special means it will be possible to determine the hidden parts of moisture. At this stage, the damage is assessed, the packaging and removal of furniture and interior items that need to be restored, inspection of carpets and carpets, and checking the condition of the interior (ceiling, walls and flooring).
3. Dehumidify the premises and property. The drainage procedure should be performed as soon as possible, preferably within 48 hours after flooding and removal of all moisture from the room; this will significantly reduce the likelihood of negative consequences. Moisture can absorb almost all the finishing materials, which leads to their spoilage, the formation of mold, fungus and unpleasant odor.
For the complete dehumidification of the premises, cleaning company professionals use special equipment:
- modern dehumidifiers, which allow minimizing damage from flooding, preventing deformation of finishing materials, avoiding spoilage of things, furniture and other interior items;
- air blowers capable of providing high-speed circulation of air masses to activate the process of moisture separation from all surfaces.
Specialists carefully monitor each stage of the drying process and perform the necessary measurements to control the humidity level in the room.
4. Professional cleaning of personal belongings, furniture and other property. The procedure is carried out by professionals using special equipment and chemical reagents. What if the warehouse was flooded with dirty water? Cleaning may include washing, watering, surface treatment with foam, abrasive powders and special sprays. Materials and objects that have accumulated moisture can exude an unpleasant smell of mustiness and dampness, in order to prevent such consequences; the procedure for deodorizing the room is carried out.
5. Deodorization. At the disposal of the team of specialists there are all necessary devices for suppressing sources of unpleasant odors – sprayers, air plants, fog generators and ionic air purifiers. Such equipment allows eliminating the unpleasant consequences of flooding and does not cause danger to human health. The choice of equipment for deodorization depends on the complexity of the situation and the total area of the room. The composition and concentration of disinfectants are determined by specialists individually for each room. If necessary, professionals of the cleaning company conduct antibacterial and antimicrobial treatment of the premises.