Sewage Clean Up
Sewage clean up in a private house is a serious event aimed at eliminating blockages in the sewer pipe. Clogged sewers are a common problem. It is possible to remove the clogging in several ways. However, it is much easier to follow the measures that will prevent the occurrence of congestion in sewer communication.
The Main Causes of Blockages
The causes of such blockages are several. The main reason can be called improper operation of this system. The appearance of a blockage is accompanied by the following consequences:
- occurrence of an unpleasant smell coming from the drain hole of the sink or other sanitary equipment;
- a decrease in water pressure in the system or its complete disappearance also indicates that the tube lumen is partially or completely blocked;
- when using a sink or bath, it can be noticed that the water is not removed to the drain hole (this also indicates the clogging of the system);
- raising the water level in the toilet.
Reasons for blockages
- pipe clogging due to a large object that fell into it and blocked the lumen;
- overgrowing of pipe walls with hard deposits. Such deposits are due to organic and inorganic human waste;
- the emergence of a fatty film, which is formed as a result of the ingestion of fatty particles in the sewer pipe. Fat plugs are considered hazardous to metal pipes.
- soap plug. Appears during the operation of the sink in the bathroom of a private house. It is quite difficult to get rid of such a blockage, since the soap that has entered the pipe through the drain mixes with other foreign particles and freezes;
- getting hair into the bathroom sink can also cause tube clogging. Removal of such a plug can only be done in two ways: by a chemical cleaning agent and mechanically;
- errors in the design and construction of sewer communication, which cause stagnation of water and the rapid emergence of various sediments in problem areas. In this case, only re-installation of the system will help;
- if water has a high rate of hardness, then the rate of salt deposits on the walls of sewage pipes increases. Metal pipes are the most vulnerable in this case.
Sewage Clean Up – Types of Blockages
All blockages are classified by nature into four main types. Consider them:
- Operational. This type of blockage can result from the accumulation of fat in the sewer pipes, which accumulates during the operation of sanitary equipment and is mixed with other foreign elements (hair, food particles, etc.).
- Mechanical. Occurs as a result of improper use of plumbing and, as a rule, consists of various debris (toilet paper, rags, etc.).
- Biological. Biological plug arises from the disposal of food waste and human waste products. To eliminate such a blockage it makes no sense to use a pipe cleaner. In such a situation, only the disassembly of the siphon and its cleaning, followed by washing in a soapy solution, will help.
- Man-made. This kind of thrombus in sewer system arises due to improper installation of the structure. It is recommended to call a sewage clean up specialist who will perform the necessary system repair.
All of the above types of blockages are problematic. However, each of them is eliminated in its own way. Next, we will consider methods for sewage clean up.
Sewage Clean up in a Private House
The most common option to eliminate blockages in the sewer system of a private house is a chemical tool for cleaning pipes. A clogged pipe can be cleaned using traditional methods such as boiling water or a solution of soda and vinegar. If chemical cleaning does not help, it is recommended to use mechanical methods.
As a rule, the cause of blockage of sewer pipes is improper operation of the system. Do not forget that the tube in the pipe may occur due to a large object falling into it. In this case, it is recommended to use the mechanical method of cleaning sewer pipes.
To cope with the clogging of the sewer pipe, you can use the following common methods:
- Natural cleaning methods (mixture of boiling water or soda with vinegar);
- Chemicals that are most popular for eliminating organic blockages;
- Mechanically – This method involves the use of special plumbing fixtures – a cable for cleaning pipes;
- Hydraulic method – In this case, the sewers can be cleaned using a directed stream of water that is supplied to the system under high pressure.
- Rinsing with boiling water
The use of boiling water allows you to clean the plug in the sewer pipe, resulting from the ingress of fat into the system. It is recommended to determine the type of clogging before cleaning itself. There are two types of blockages depending on the location in the sewer pipeline:
In case of general blocking of the sewage system, it will be necessary to carry out its full cleaning, and in case of local blockage, a certain element of the pipeline sewage structure is cleaned. To determine the type of blockage, it is recommended to check all drain points. Depending on the speed of disposal of water in the drain, you can determine which pipe is clogged, or it can be determined that the problem is that the riser is clogged (if all the plums in the house are functioning incorrectly). The process of sewage clean up with boiling water looks like this: a certain amount of boiling water is poured through the drain into a clogged sewer pipe.
Experts do not recommend using boiling water for cleaning the toilet bowl, as a large amount of hot water can damage it. Plastic pipes can deform from boiling water. Sewage cleaning with boiling water is considered to be the simplest method, but in some cases such an event can help to cope with clogging.
Pipe cleaning with vinegar and soda
Another common method of removing clogging in a sewer pipe is the use of soda and vinegar. Such a tool for cleaning sewer pipes is characterized in that it is capable of removing organic blockages formed in the sewer system during operation. A solution of soda and vinegar perfectly cleans pipes clogged with grease.
This procedure will get rid of fat blockage, as well as ensure the promotion of blockage particles through the pipe. The use of soda and vinegar does not guarantee one hundred percent removal of the plug from the sewer pipe. If this event did not bring any results, you must use another cleaning method.
Cleaning the sewage in a private house with chemicals
Any chemical compound is aimed at softening and dissolving the garbage plug. In order to choose the right means for sewage clean up, it is necessary to take into account the nature of the clogged sewer pipe.
Cleaning a clogged sewage system in a private house is done using acid-based products. This is important because acidic tools do an excellent job and dissolve the garbage in the sewer.
Sewage clean up with chemicals is quite simple, but it is worth considering another important rule: before starting this event, it is advisable to read the instructions on the packaging of the cleaning agent.