Sewage Repair and Restoration
In the case of issues with your sewage (or even completely broken one) we will make sure that the issue is resolved by executing a sound plan developed and tested by our team of professionals.
- Provide you with specialized professionals to repair the damage
- Estimate the value of the repairs
- Prevent health issues by removing all contagious component from your home and disinfecting it
- Recycle any damaged items
- Repair your pipes and your sewage
- Wet-vacuum – for spoilage removal
- Dry of the walls and furniture
- Repair or remove any affected wall covering
- Take precaution measures against mold and fungi
- Detect any hidden moisture
- Assess of safety risks and prevention of further and secondary damages
The sewage is an invisible but one of the most vital parts of your home. All the water flow goes through it and your most definitely want the waste water in the sewage as far away from your home as possible. If it is damaged, we advise immediate action. Serious issues could be formed due to pipe damage, especially health related one. Our specialists are trained and licensed to deal with such issues and we are available 24/7 throughout the whole year. Do not hesitate – give your home the treatment it deserves. Protect your and your family’s health. Let us fix your sewage issues and ensure that your home remains a clean, health and safe sanctuary.
Prevention of sewage clogging and backups
There are several steps that you should consider in order to prevent sewer damage and backups:
- Do NOT throw greasy substances – Throwing away greasy substances in the drain is a bad practice that can severely damage your sewage. Any oil residue left in the sewage can build up, catch other litter in it and clog your sewage
- Do NOT dispose paper or paper products – Disposing any kind of paper be it paper sheets, towels, napkins or other paper product can also build up to clog the swage
- Do NOT dispose scrap or large litter in the pipeline – Yet bad practice that can lead to sewage backups or clogging. The sewage is creating for the sole purpose or transporting waste and sewage water, it’s not meant for maintaining large or solid objects
- It IS always a good practice to inspect your pipeline – You should check and inspect the pipeline in your house and the connections to the sewage on a regular basis. Make sure that your end of the sewer is maintain in good and clean condition. Thus should any sewage damage occur you would have taken the measures to ensure that your property is safe from the damage and only the sewage would need repairs and keeping as far as possible any sewage gases or other dangerous to the health components
Prevention of property damage after sewage clogging, backups or spills
- Ensure that your property is safe to enter – After detecting sewage backups or other of the related issue the first thing to do is ensure that it is safe to enter and work in the property. Turn off any electrical power in the house in order to prevent electrical wires, extension cords, or electrical appliances from coming in contact with standing water or wet materials from sewage spills. Evacuate anyone else who lives there before a full inspection is made and it’s concluded that it is safe (for the health) to return to the area. Sewage spills contain contaminants that could cause severe illnesses or diseases. The disease causing agents in the sewage can include bacteria, fungi, parasites, and viruses and can cause serious illnesses. Do NOT enter the area that have been contaminated with sewage without safety gear as toxic, flammable or asphyxiating or even explosive gases including methane and hydrogen sulfide as well as airborne pathogens may be present in the residue of the spill
- Control the damage from spreading – Make sure that there is no toilet overflow by removing excess water from the toilet and open any available windows to make the air cycle through your home and lead way the bad odor and harmful gases. Do not flush the toilet until the sewage has been fixed. Stop any running water connected to the sewage – washing machines, sinks, etc. Remove all the contaminated items – carpets, furniture or anything that has been damaged by sewage water. Again, let the air flow. Open all windows, doors, curtains or blinds. Make sure that as much air as possible is flowing throw your home. If your sewage system has backed up into the building, make sure to contact a septic tank service company to fix it for you
- Act immediately – Take all the needed precautions as fast as possible. Sewage water should not remain in the building as it will more and more spread diseases and will further damage the floor, furniture and walls. Make sure call a professional water damage restoration company as ourselves if the spill is more than a trivial. We will take care of restoring your damaged property after sewage damage and insure that your home is safe for you and your family’s health. Do not forget to notify your insurance company to minimize the costs of the damage. Our firm works with insurance claims as well and we are experienced professionals that will make sure that your property has been most accurately and correctly evaluated. If your sewage is connected to the public sewer make sure to notify your municipal authority as the damage may have occurred outside of your own sewage and repairs outside of it is the municipal’s work and also should you not report it other building and homes may suffer the same fate. In any case whatever you do ensure your health safety first and contact our specialists to make sure that the damage and potential risk are minimized and that your home is properly evaluated and restored to its previous state. Skips any steps if you feel endangered and give us a call to let us continue the work.