Most people do not consider air cleaning in their homes or businesses as a priority housework. This is due to the fact that they are not aware that the air inside their homes or businesses is often more polluted than the air outside. Combustion devices, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from household items, smoke, mold, radon, etc. are among the most common air pollutants. They contaminate your interior and lead to poor air quality in your home or business. This contamination often results in serious health issues like asthma, bronchitis, allergies, etc. Since contaminated indoor air becomes a problem of growing concern our team has started offering a professional air sampling and cleaning service.
Indoor air pollutants are versatile. They include:
- Mold and mildew. Molds and their spores are ever-present in the air both outdoors and indoors. They flourish in dark and moist spaces and often lead to health issues like nose, skin and eyes irritations or asthma attacks
- Asbestos, lead, and other materials used in building. These materials are health hazardous and cause discomfort, illnesses and even death.
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from household items. These air pollutants are usually found in household products like paints, cleaning products, air fresheners, etc
- Combustion devices. Gas-fired or oil-burning furnaces, gas or wood-burning stoves, and many other heating systems often produce particles that contaminate the indoor air and affect its quality. If the seals of chimneys or exhaust vents are not fixed properly, these combustion by products can enter the indoor spaces and cause health issues like headache, dizziness, eye, nose, throat irritations, and even death.
- Tobacco smoke. This is one of the most common factors for poor indoor air quality. Foul odor that penetrates clothing, wall and floor coverings is the least problem caused by tobacco smoke. The main problem is the secondhand smoke that is a contributor to asthma, lung cancer and other respiratory illnesses. Secondhand smoke is especially harmful for children.
- Radon. It is a naturally occurring source of indoor air contamination. Radon is a byproduct of the degradation of uranium and often presents in the the soil below a building’s foundation. When you think of air quality in your homes or offices, you should remember that exposure to radon is the second leading factor for lung cancer.
Health issues are one of first indicators of affected air quality inside your home or office. These issues may be various but the most common among them are:
- Respiratory illnesses such as asthma, bronchitis, and even lung cancer.
- Nose, throat, eyes, or skin irritations.
- Specific causes, such as Legionnaire's disease, for instance. This severe form of lung infection is caused by a bacterium the often presents in polluted air.
Contaminated indoor air affects not only your health but also your heating and cooling system. Polluting particles make your HVAC system to work harder and thus shortens its life and leads to higher utility bills. Therefore, proper air cleaning in your home and office is of primary importance for both, your health and your property.
Repair and Restoration
Once the air inside your home or office is affected, proper air cleaning is critical for the health of inhabitants. Proper air cleaning is impossible without proper air sampling. Only a certified team of professionals have the equipment, training and expertise to provide appropriate air sampling and cleaning services. Our teams of licensed technicians are capable to assess the importance of the problem and provide adequate measures to remedy the situation. Our company provides a full range of air sampling services - air quality monitoring and testing, mold testing and air quality analysis. We provide to our clients both Active and Passive Air Sampling, as well as, Particulate Sampling through the use of most appropriate media. Our sampling, analytical and cleaning services meet the highest standards and are carried out by a licensed and experienced staff. We not only improve the quality of the air inside your homes or offices but also improve the quality of your life bringing freshness and salubrity.
To improve the quality of the air you breathe in your home or office, we offer:
- Professional Air Quality sample
- Professional air duct and ventilation cleaning
- HVAC systems inspection, cleaning and maintenance
- Residential furnaces cleaning and repai
If you doubt the quality of the air inside your home or business, you need our team of professionals to bring back the freshness of air you breathe. We offer a full service that includes inspection and assessment of the problem, air sampling and cleaning, complete visual inspection and monitoring performed both, in person and by remote camera to make sure that the situation is properly remedied. Besides breathing fresh and healthy air, after getting your HVAC ducts professionally cleaned, you will enjoy more efficiently running heating and cooling system that saves your money. We take care for both, your health and your money.
To prevent air pollution in your homes and businesses you need to follow some simple rules:
- Crack windows to allow the oxygen to enter your home or office. Thus carbon dioxide will escape and oxygen levels inside your home or office will return to their normal state.
- Properly clean your basements and attics and get rid of lumber the keep dust.
- Do not use scented candles. They produce tiny particulates that irritate the respiratory tract and can cause asthma attacks or allergy.
- Do not forget to change your HVAC system filters every three months. Otherwise, filthy filters may become favorable environment for molds and mildew establishment and growth.
Homeowners or building maintenance personnel can do a lot to prevent air pollution inside homes and offices but when it comes to affected quality of indoor air, you need the help of trained and experienced professionals to handle the situation in best way and bring back the health of the air you breathe. So, do not hesitate and contact with the specialists from Water Damage Repair San Francisco to take care of your health and safety.